About Marcie Paige:
Hey there! My name is Marcie Paige and I am busy, full-time stay-at-home mom and entrepreneur. My home business adventure started in 2007. It was a very exciting year for me, starting my first business and expecting the birth of my second daughter in June that same year.
I’ve recently expanded Baby Grins by sharing savvy parenting techniques (babygrins.ca/blog) for parents who want to be successful at raising polite, respectful children. (And YES, even the strong willed ones can be converted without compromising individuality!).
At BabyGrins.ca/Blog you will find a wide variety of content, information, savvy tips and tricks using positive parenting techniques to get you on the right path to stress-free parenting.
I am passionate about pushing you to be more actively involved with your children’s day-to-day activities, have a better understanding of how your kids think and feel, and provide you with the right steps to rock your mom status and raise amazing kids at the same time!
About Baby Grins:
Here at Baby Grins we make parenthood easy & fun! Our wide range of innovative and practical baby and toddler solutions will simplify your life as a new parent! Whether you are an expecting mom, new dad or savvy gift giving grandma, we have a wide range of solutions, perfect for today's busy families and modern lifestyle!
What you'll find on this website is a collection of maternity, baby and toddler products that come highly recommended by myself! If I wouldn't use it... you won't find it in my store. If a product doesn't live up to our high expectations (or yours!), we drop the line and move onto something new.
Our easy and painless online ordering system means that you shop when it's convenient for YOU! Our virtual doors are open 365 days/year. Sit back, enjoy your coffee, and shop!
Sign up for FREE updates, enter your email below and click 'Sign Me Up!'
A Little Look At The Formal Stuff:
After high school I persued a career as an American Sign Language interpreter, however, life got in the way and I was unable to complete the full program. I then completed a Business Administration and Accounting program and worked as an administrative assistant and bookkeeper until my first daughter was born in 2005.
I then became a full-time stay-at-home mom (which I LOVE!). It was the best decision I’ve ever made and if I had it to do all over again I wouldn’t change a thing.
My love for american sign language has never subsided. I successfully used baby sign language with both of my daughters. I continue to study and expand my knowledge and skills with american sign language and baby sign language in my free time. (oh wait, free time? ha!)
Now that we’ve got all the professional stuff out of the way, here is a little behind the scenes look.
10 things you don’t know about me:
- I usually have about 10 projects on the go at one time (personal or business).
- I fell in love with American Sign Language when I was in elementary school even though I didn’t know anyone who was deaf or could sign.
- I learned to knit and crochet when I was very young, I was in grade 5 when I knit my first baby sweater.
- I’m a very do-it-myself kind of person. I dabble in a lot of different things such as scrapbooking, sewing, piano, guitar, violin and web design. Almost everything I’ve learned is either self taught (Google is my best friend!) or learned from a family member.
- I’ve alway known I wanted to be be an entrepreneur. As a teenager I was constantly scheming up ideas for a project. I made and sold jewelry, mittens, baby clothing and quilts.
- I am NOT a morning person. I hate having to get up in the mornings to get my daughter off to school. But I absolutely LOVE everything else about being a mom.
- I prefer to live in the country, I don’t like stepping out my front door and being able to see my neighbor.
- Now that I am an entrepreneur and work from home I struggle to ‘leave my work at work’.
- I prefer to pig out on fruits and berries rather than junk food and I feel like I’ve just eaten a treat.
- I would LOVE to take a salsa dance class with my husband but he says ‘no way!’ (oh, well. Maybe some day!)
Not signed up yet? enter your email below and click 'Sign Me Up!'